2 Y-AXIS labels on the same (left-hand side) Y-AXIS XXXX

2 Y-AXIS labels on the same (left-hand side) Y-AXIS XXXX

Dan Abner
Hello everyone,

Is it possible to specify a 2 line y-axis label on the same lef-hand side
y-axis? I am using the \n regular expression, but only the 2nd line appears
(I assume the 1st line is printed off the page...)

plot(PRE_SHB,R1,
 main="Figure 1.1: Scatterplot of Residualized
 Post Score",
 xlab = "Pre Score",
 ylab = "Residualized Post Score \n
  (Adjusted for Age and Gender)")

Thanks!!

Dan

Re: 2 Y-AXIS labels on the same (left-hand side) Y-AXIS XXXX

John Kane-2
I think your assumption is correct.  Have a look at ?par.
It's been a while but I think you need to modify the mai or mar values. Probably the mar.

> Is it possible to specify a 2 line y-axis label on the same
> lef-hand side
> y-axis? I am using the \n regular expression, but only the
> 2nd line appears
> (I assume the 1st line is printed off the page...)
>

> plot(PRE_SHB,R1,
>  main="Figure 1.1: Scatterplot of Residualized
>  Post Score",
>  xlab = "Pre Score",
>  ylab = "Residualized Post Score \n
>   (Adjusted for Age and Gender)")
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Dan
>
>     [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

> reproducible code.

Re: 2 Y-AXIS labels on the same (left-hand side) Y-AXIS XXXX

David Winsemius

On Nov 28, 2011, at 4:50 PM, John Kane wrote:

> I think your assumption is correct.  Have a look at ?par.
> It's been a while but I think you need to modify the mai or mar
> values. Probably the mar.

If you set ylab ="" in plot and then use title you can work with the
line= parameter:

plot(1,1, ylab = "",  xlab = "")
title( ylab = "Residualized Post Score \n (Adjusted for Age and
Gender)", line=2)

--
David.

David Winsemius, MD