ANCOVA & Post-hoc test

Nicolas Poulet
Hello,

Despite my search, I didn't find a post-hoc test for an ANCOVA.

I used the functions aov() and lm() to run the ANCOVA then I tried
TukeyHSD() but it didn't work (because of the covariable is a continuous
variable?).

Furthermore, I would like to plot the adjusted values (i.e. the values of
the tested variable taking into account the covariable).

Thanks for your help!

N. Poulet

Re: ANCOVA & Post-hoc test

Spencer Graves
          What search terms did you use?  Have you considered the "multcomp"
and "multtest" packages?

          spencer graves
p.s.  If you'd like more help from this list, I suggest you read the
posting guide! "www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".  Anecdotal
evidence suggests that posts more closely aligned with this guide tend
to get quicker, more useful replies.

Nicolas Poulet wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Despite my search, I didn't find a post-hoc test for an ANCOVA.
>
> I used the functions aov() and lm() to run the ANCOVA then I tried
> TukeyHSD() but it didn't work (because of the covariable is a continuous
> variable?).
>
> Furthermore, I would like to plot the adjusted values (i.e. the values of
> the tested variable taking into account the covariable).
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> N. Poulet

Spencer Graves, PhD
Senior Development Engineer