ARIMA?

Stephen-19
Hi All.,

Following on from all the help I received earlier ..

Just so as you know a well known text book (T&F) uses "repeated
observations"

- I think perhaps they meant repeated measures in retrospect

I am a total beginer to ARIMA, but have read a a basic text.

I read that ARIMA requires a minimum of 50 repeated measures in time
(repeated measures)-

Unfortunately, I have 8 repeated measures of the same psychiatirc
appraisal  the sample sizes was decent (n > 200).

Is ARIMA violated or does it remain robust under such circumstances?

Is there a viable alterative to ARIMA out there to analyze a trend of 8
repeated measures w. > 200 cases?

Many thanks

Stephen

???? ?"? ???? ????
http://mail.nana.co.il

Re: ARIMA?

Kjetil Halvorsen
On 1/2/06, Stephen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All.,
>
> Following on from all the help I received earlier ..
>
> Just so as you know a well known text book (T&F) uses "repeated
> observations"
>
> - I think perhaps they meant repeated measures in retrospect
>
> I am a total beginer to ARIMA, but have read a a basic text.
>
> I read that ARIMA requires a minimum of 50 repeated measures in time
> (repeated measures)-
>
> Unfortunately, I have 8 repeated measures of the same psychiatirc
> appraisal  the sample sizes was decent (n > 200).
>
> Is ARIMA violated or does it remain robust under such circumstances?
>
> Is there a viable alterative to ARIMA out there to analyze a trend of 8
> repeated measures w. > 200 cases?

So you have 200 short time series? Maybe have a look at package nlme?

Kjetil

Many thanks