Quantcast

Access to local variables in "j" expressions

Access to local variables in "j" expressions – I'm just taking a look at data.table again, now that 1.4.1 has been released. I tried the following: dt.test <- data.table(n=c("a"...
I think it's a bug, Johann. I'll dig deeper. Thanks for reporting it. - Tom > -----Original Message----- > From: datatable-help-bounces ...
I've got a fix for this. It'll probably be a couple of days before I can get it up to R-forge. - Tom > -----Original Message----- > From: ...
I checked in a fix for this bug on R-forge. It should be available for installation tomorrow as follows (R-forge has been a little flakey lately):...
Hi Tom, Thanks for taking the time to look into this so promptly. I've installed that version, and it fixes my original problem. I'll keep testin...
Johann, I did some timing tests to compare tapply to data.table and couldn't find a case where tapply was close. See here for the timing code: ...
After thinking about this some, I realized I was having data.table do extra work by not pre-calculating as much as possible. After I followed the ...
Johann, see below. > -----Original Message----- > From: Johann Hibschman [mailto:jhibschman at gmail.com] > Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 ...