Acknowledgments in package documentation

Acknowledgments in package documentation

Jeff Enos
R-devel,

I've received permission from a third party to incorporate some of
their data in a data set in my 'portfolio' package.  I'd like to
include an acknowledgment of the third party, and perhaps a "used with
permission" somewhere in the package documentation.

Where's the best spot in the package docs for such an acknowledgment?
Is there a place preferable to the \description or \source sections of
the data set's .Rd file?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Re: Acknowledgments in package documentation

Uwe Ligges
Jeff Enos wrote:

> R-devel,
>
> I've received permission from a third party to incorporate some of
> their data in a data set in my 'portfolio' package.  I'd like to
> include an acknowledgment of the third party, and perhaps a "used with
> permission" somewhere in the package documentation.
>
> Where's the best spot in the package docs for such an acknowledgment?
> Is there a place preferable to the \description or \source sections of
> the data set's .Rd file?

No, that's perfect.

If for the data a special license applies different from the rest of the
package, document it in thge License field of DESCRIPTION. You may also
mention the other "author" in the DESCRIPTION file. All details on the
author should go into the corresponding Rd file.

Uwe Ligges