Bifactor model and infit statistics?

R help mailing list-2

Goodafternoon,

I amcurrently in the process of calibrating an item bank using a GPCM model. So, amI right to assume that the bifactor model allows me to work with my generalfactor by assimilating it to a one-factor model, without taking into account groupfactors? That is, I can estimate my item parameters from my factor loadings onthe general factor only?

If so, Ihave some questions about evaluating the fit of my model. The calculation of infitstatistics is specific to unidimensional models. Can I compute infit statisticsusing the general factor or do I have to do this separately for each of the groupfactors? Or is there a more appropriate method to evaluate the fit of my modelwhen calibration an item bank using a GPCM model?

Thank youin advance.

Re: Bifactor model and infit statistics?

Bert Gunter-2
This is essentially a statistics question, which are generally off topic
here. This list is about the R programming language. Try
stats.stackexchange.com instead for your question. To see what R offers
once you've decided what to do, see: https://cran.r-project.org/web/views/
  as well as searching at rseek.org  .

sticking things into it."