Browser and Debug?

Inchallah Yarab
Hi,

Someone can explain to me how use Browser and Debug ?
thank you

Re: Browser and Debug?

Erik Iverson-2
This article might help:

http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~rpeng/docs/R-debug-tools.pdf

Someone can explain to me how use Browser and Debug ?
thank you

Re: Browser and Debug?

rkevinburton
This may be asking more than can be reasonably expected. But, any tips on debugging the 'C' and Fortran code without trying to put together all the tools to compile from source?

Kevin

---- Erik Iverson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This article might help:
>
> http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~rpeng/docs/R-debug-tools.pdf

Re: Browser and Debug?

RKoenker
At points of total desperation you can always consider
the time-honored, avuncular advice  --  RTFM,
in this case Section 4.4 of Writing R Extensions.

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    [hidden email]            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Urbana, IL 61801

On Aug 13, 2009, at 10:20 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This may be asking more than can be reasonably expected. But, any
> tips on debugging the 'C' and Fortran code without trying to put
> together all the tools to compile from source?
>
> Kevin
>
> ---- Erik Iverson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> This article might help:
>>
>> http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~rpeng/docs/R-debug-tools.pdf

Re: Browser and Debug?

rkevinburton
If I am on Windows and don't have GDB it does'nt look like it is possible. Any tips?

Kevin
---- roger koenker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> At points of total desperation you can always consider
> the time-honored, avuncular advice  --  RTFM,
> in this case Section 4.4 of Writing R Extensions.
>

> url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
> email    [hidden email]            Department of Economics
> vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
> fax:       217-244-6678                Urbana, IL 61801
>

> On Aug 13, 2009, at 10:20 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > This may be asking more than can be reasonably expected. But, any
> > tips on debugging the 'C' and Fortran code without trying to put
> > together all the tools to compile from source?
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> > ---- Erik Iverson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> This article might help:
> >>
> >> http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~rpeng/docs/R-debug-tools.pdf

Duncan Murdoch
[hidden email] wrote:
> If I am on Windows and don't have GDB it does'nt look like it is possible. Any tips?

For debugging without a debugger, you can always use the old-fashioned
method of inserting print statements (Rprintf in C).  But you want to do
this without a debugger *and* without a compiler.  I think you are
indeed asking for more than can be reasonably expected.

If you want to relax the constraints a little, you might use some of the
methods described on

http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/software/debuggingR/

I haven't updated it in a while, but I don't think there's much that has
changed (other than REvolution's IDE, which I haven't had a chance to
try yet).

Duncan Murdoch