Can I use tabu search for minimization problem ?

Can I use tabu search for minimization problem ?

Mars Xu
Hi all,
        I want to use tabu search to solve my minimization problem. but tabu search in R is for maximization, so I turn my function from f to -f, but the eUtilityKeep always be 0 from the second position. I have go through a part of source code found that it always give the default value to compare,

move <- ifelse(maxTaboo > maxNontaboo & maxTaboo > aspiration,
                         ifelse(length(which(neighboursEUtility == maxTaboo)) == 1,
                                which(neighboursEUtility == maxTaboo), sample(which(neighboursEUtility == maxTaboo), 1)),
                         ifelse(length(which(neighboursEUtility == maxNontaboo & tabuList == 0)) == 1,
                                which(neighboursEUtility == maxNontaboo & tabuList == 0), sample(which(neighboursEUtility == maxNontaboo & tabuList == 0), 1)))

this cause the 0 value.

How can I use it to get my minimization value using tabu search in R ?

Thanks .

Re: Can I use tabu search for minimization problem ?

Enrico Schumann-2

Zitat von Mars Xu <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
> I want to use tabu search to solve my minimization problem. but
> tabu search in R is for maximization, so I turn my function from f
> to -f, but the eUtilityKeep always be 0 from the second position. I
> have go through a part of source code found that it always give the
> default value to compare,
>
> move <- ifelse(maxTaboo > maxNontaboo & maxTaboo > aspiration,
>                          ifelse(length(which(neighboursEUtility ==
> maxTaboo)) == 1,
>                                 which(neighboursEUtility ==
> maxTaboo), sample(which(neighboursEUtility == maxTaboo), 1)),
>                          ifelse(length(which(neighboursEUtility ==
> maxNontaboo & tabuList == 0)) == 1,
>                                 which(neighboursEUtility ==
> maxNontaboo & tabuList == 0), sample(which(neighboursEUtility ==
> maxNontaboo & tabuList == 0), 1)))
>
> this cause the 0 value.
>
> How can I use it to get my minimization value using tabu search in R ?
>
> Thanks .

If you want people to help you, provide a minimal (or, at least, small)
reproducible code example. In particular, tell people what package(s)
you are using.

--
Enrico Schumann
Lucerne, Switzerland