Changeing logarithms

Aino Rprogram
Hi!

I'm using a large panel data, and now I have faced some difficulties with
my analysis. The predictors are not normally distributed and there are
quite many outliers (some of them are influential though).

I have tried to change the logarythm, but i'm not sure, how to do that. I
want also draw a plot picture in which logarythms of predictors x and y are
changed. How could I do that?

Thanx before-hand!

Liz

Re: Changeing logarithms

Michael Dewey-3
Dear Liz

I am not sure I completely understand your problem but you can create a
new variable by going

newVariable <- log(oldVariable)

or in many cases just use log(oldVariable) where you previously used
oldVariable

Michael

On 19/11/2017 00:21, Aino Rprogram wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using a large panel data, and now I have faced some difficulties with
> my analysis. The predictors are not normally distributed and there are
> quite many outliers (some of them are influential though).
>
> I have tried to change the logarythm, but i'm not sure, how to do that. I
> want also draw a plot picture in which logarythms of predictors x and y are
> changed. How could I do that?
>
> Thanx before-hand!
>
> Liz

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html

Re: Changeing logarithms

Sorkin, John
I am not certain what question you are asking. Perhaps the following will help:

log(x) give the natural logarithm of x

log10(x) gives the common (base 10) logarithm of x.

John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Medicine
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524