Quantcast

Conversion - lowercase to Uppercase letters

Conversion - lowercase to Uppercase letters

suman Duvvuru
I would like to know how to convert a string with characters to all
uppercase or all lowercase? If anyone could let me know if there exists a
function in R for the conversion, that will be very helpful.

Regards,
Suman

Re: Conversion - lowercase to Uppercase letters

Rolf Turner

On 20/08/2008, at 4:19 PM, suman Duvvuru wrote:

> I would like to know how to convert a string with characters to all
> uppercase or all lowercase? If anyone could let me know if there
> exists a
> function in R for the conversion, that will be very helpful.

?tolower

Re: Conversion - lowercase to Uppercase letters

Moshe Olshansky-2
Use toupper or tolower (see ?toupper, ?tolower)

> I would like to know how to convert a string with characters
> to all
> uppercase or all lowercase? If anyone could let me know if
> there exists a
> function in R for the conversion, that will be very
> helpful.
>
> Regards,
> Suman

> reproducible code.

Re: Conversion - lowercase to Uppercase letters

slre
see ?gsub and loook at the last examle

>>> "suman Duvvuru" <[hidden email]> 20/08/2008 05:19 >>>
I would like to know how to convert a string with characters to all
uppercase or all lowercase? If anyone could let me know if there exists
function in R for the conversion, that will be very helpful.

Regards,
Suman

Re: Conversion - lowercase to Uppercase letters

Dimitris Rizopoulos
check also

?toupper
?tolower

Best,
Dimitris

Quoting S Ellison <[hidden email]>:

> see ?gsub and loook at the last examle

> I would like to know how to convert a string with characters to all
> uppercase or all lowercase? If anyone could let me know if there exists
> function in R for the conversion, that will be very helpful.
>
> Regards,
> Suman

Dimitris Rizopoulos
Biostatistical Centre
School of Public Health
Catholic University of Leuven

Address: Kapucijnenvoer 35, Leuven, Belgium
Tel: +32/(0)16/336899
Fax: +32/(0)16/337015
Web: http://med.kuleuven.be/biostat/
      http://perswww.kuleuven.be/dimitris_rizopoulos/