Convert matrix to data.frame

Chia, Yen Lin
Hi all,

I wonder how could I convert a matrix A to a dataframe such that
whenever I'm running a linear model such lme, I can use A$x1?  I tried
data.frame(A), it didn't work.  Should I initialize A not as a matrix?
Thanks.

Yen Lin

Re: Convert matrix to data.frame

Tony Plate-3
When I try converting a matrix to a data frame, it works for me:

 > x <- matrix(1:6,ncol=2,dimnames=list(LETTERS[1:3],letters[24:25]))
 > data.frame(x)
   x y
A 1 4
B 2 5
C 3 6
 > str(data.frame(x))
`data.frame':   3 obs. of  2 variables:
  $ x: int  1 2 3
  $ y: int  4 5 6

You can also use as.data.frame() to convert a matrix to a data.frame
(but note that if colnames are missing form the matrix, as.data.frame()
  constructs different colnames than does data.frame().

You say "it didn't work" -- it's difficult to help with such a
non-specific complaint.  Can you explain exactly how it didn't work for
you?  (e.g., show the exact error message).

-- Tony Plate