Quantcast

Create gif from series of png files

Threaded

Create gif from series of png files

Shane Carey
Hi,

I have many png files that I would like to stitch together, in order to
make a gif file.

Any ideas how I would do this?

Thanks

--
Le gach dea ghui,
Shane

Threaded

Re: Create gif from series of png files

Ulrik Stervbo-2
Hi Shane,

Wrong forum. This might be what you are looking for

ffmpeg -i %03d.png output.gif

Or use the library gganimate.

Best
Ulrik

Shane Carey <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di., 14. Feb. 2017, 12:08:

> Hi,
>
> I have many png files that I would like to stitch together, in order to
> make a gif file.
>
> Any ideas how I would do this?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Le gach dea ghui,
> Shane

Threaded

Re: Create gif from series of png files

Shane Carey
Hi Ulrick,

I created the png's in R and was hoping there would be a way of stitching
them together in R. Is there a different forum I should be  posting to?

Thanks

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 11:33 AM, Ulrik Stervbo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Shane,
>
> Wrong forum. This might be what you are looking for
>
> ffmpeg -i %03d.png output.gif
>
> Or use the library gganimate.
>
> Best
> Ulrik
>
> Shane Carey <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di., 14. Feb. 2017, 12:08:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have many png files that I would like to stitch together, in order to
>> make a gif file.
>>
>> Any ideas how I would do this?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Le gach dea ghui,
>> Shane

>> posting-guide.html

Le gach dea ghui,
Shane

Threaded

Re: Create gif from series of png files

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 14/02/2017 5:53 AM, Shane Carey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have many png files that I would like to stitch together, in order to
> make a gif file.
>
> Any ideas how I would do this?

ImageMagick is good for this.  The magick package in R makes most (all?)
of its features available.  The image_animate() function can produce an
animation; see either the ImageMagick docs online, or the "intro"
vignette in the magick package for examples and instructions.

Threaded

Re: Create gif from series of png files

Bert Gunter-2
Ulrik:

Sheepishly Nitpicking (only because you are a regular and wise R-help
contibutor):

gganimate is not a library, it's a package.

No need to reply.

Best,
Bert

and sticking things into it."

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 3:33 AM, Ulrik Stervbo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Shane,
>
> Wrong forum. This might be what you are looking for
>
> ffmpeg -i %03d.png output.gif
>
> Or use the library gganimate.
>
> Best
> Ulrik
>
> Shane Carey <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di., 14. Feb. 2017, 12:08:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have many png files that I would like to stitch together, in order to
>> make a gif file.
>>
>> Any ideas how I would do this?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Le gach dea ghui,
>> Shane

Threaded

Re: Create gif from series of png files

Shane Carey
For those interested, I figured out a way using "convert" on the linux
command line.

Thanks

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 6:02 PM, Bert Gunter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ulrik:
>
> Sheepishly Nitpicking (only because you are a regular and wise R-help
> contibutor):
>
> gganimate is not a library, it's a package.
>
> No need to reply.
>
> Best,
> Bert
>

> Bert Gunter

> and sticking things into it."
>

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 3:33 AM, Ulrik Stervbo <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hi Shane,
> >
> > Wrong forum. This might be what you are looking for
> >
> > ffmpeg -i %03d.png output.gif
> >
> > Or use the library gganimate.
> >
> > Best
> > Ulrik
> >
> > Shane Carey <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di., 14. Feb. 2017, 12:08:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have many png files that I would like to stitch together, in order to
> >> make a gif file.
> >>
> >> Any ideas how I would do this?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> --