Creating a SQL R package

João Paulo Lemes Machado
Hello everyone. My name is João Paulo I am a
master's student in the course of  omputer
science.

I intend to create a package for the R that
makes the SQL language commands available for use. I know that there are
already some packages that execute SQL commands within R. However, most of
these commands require querys to be passed as a string. I wish SQL commands
could be used more naturally.

For example: If I want to select all the columns
of a dataframe by limiting the first 10 rows I use the following command:
dataframe [1:10,]

In SQL would be: Select * from datarrame limit
10.

My idea is to ease the transition of people
which as I have enough knowledge in SQL, and enable that R can be used as a
mysql workbench to execute querys on databases. What do you think? Any tips on
where to start?

Re: Creating a SQL R package

Hasan Diwan-2
Joao,

On 15 November 2017 at 05:39, João Paulo Lemes Machado <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I intend to create a package for the R that
> makes the SQL language commands available for use.  What do you think? Any
> tips on
> where to start?

https://github.com/ggrothendieck/sqldf seems to be what you're trying to
duplicate. -- H