Data adjustment question

JoeO
Hello,

I've searched the archives and googled around and haven't found an answer
to what seems like a basic OHLC data adjustment question.

It seems there are 5 options for adjusting data via quantmod:
1. For splits only
2. For non-split adjusted dividends only
3. For split adjusted dividends only
4. For both splits and non-split adjusted dividends
5. For both splits and split-adjusted dividends.

Option 5 makes the most intuitive sense to me, but I'm not sure. Is option
5 the usual method used for adjusting data for backtesting? Thanks