Data editor in Mac OS X (PR#8837)

jason_rogers
Full_Name: Jason Rogers
Version: 2.3.0 Framework 1.15 Gui
OS: OS X
Submission from: (NULL) (70.110.38.195)

The data editor should allow you to change the variable name and type when you
double click it, however it does not. I have search the web web and found others
reporting the same problem.

It might stem from Rcmdr

Re: Data editor in Mac OS X (PR#8837)

Simon Urbanek
Jason,

On May 4, 2006, at 10:35 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Full_Name: Jason Rogers
> Version: 2.3.0 Framework 1.15 Gui
> OS: OS X
> Submission from: (NULL) (70.110.38.195)
>

> The data editor should allow you to change the variable name and
> type when you double click it, however it does not. I have search
> the web web and found others reporting the same problem.

Can you, please, tell us exactly what you mean and where you want to
change a name? It is your responsibility to assign the result of edit
(..) to a variable, there is nothing to double-click on. Also if you
found "others" reporting this, you may tell us where, because I'm not
aware of any such report related to R.

> It might stem from Rcmdr

If the "data editor" you mean is a feature of Rcmdr, you should read
the posting guide and report such issues to the maintainer - that is
NOT a bug in R!

Cheers,
Simon