Data invisible to read.csv

R help mailing list-2
Hello   This relates to trying to upload csv files to R.  Essentially I have
some v large csv files, but in the column where the dates are appears the column
entry "00:00.0" for every line.  But in the formula bar appears a date as well,
for example "01/04/09 00:00.0", and this never appears in the main body of the
document

It's the dates I need but they seem to be invisible to the read.csv function by
which I'm uploading - that works, but simply gives "00:00.0" and not the date
bit.  I've never seen this before.  Does anyone know what's going on and how I
can get to the date string?

Thanks, Nick Wray

Re: Data invisible to read.csv

Jeff Newmiller
You are using terms and concepts that apply to spreadsheets, but do not apply to R or CSV files. Please conform to the Posting Guide and make a reproducible example [1][2][3] using R code to demonstrate your problem. I suspect you will find that your problem begins in your spreadsheet and not in R or the CSV file, but if not then the example will help us help you.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

[2] http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html

[3] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reprex/index.html (read the vignette)