Design library

Threaded

Design library

Mohammad Reza
Dear friends
Hello
I'm a PhD student in Edinburgh University and interested in survival
analysis. By chance, I found design library in Splus software. I have
some questions about it and
it's highly appreciated if you can  help me.
In its help (Design library help) I found the topics(not the commands),
which are available in the main software.
for instance, survival analysis is available in Splus
now, if we type Design library and search its help book, we find
survival analysis with other commands.
are they different.
if yes, how can I find a book to introduce with these concepts?
would you please introduce me some references?
best wishes
Mohammad Reza Baneshi

Threaded

Re: Design library

Ido Tamir
I'm a PhD student in Edinburgh University and interested in survival
analysis. By chance, I found design library in Splus software. I have

if yes, how can I find a book to introduce with these concepts?
would you please introduce me some references?
best wishes

In R there is a pcakge called survival.
library("surival")
?survfit

A nice introduction to this package is in Dalgaard
"Introductory statistics in R"

best wishes
ido

Threaded

Re: Design library

Frank Harrell
Mohammad Reza wrote:

> Dear friends
> Hello
> I'm a PhD student in Edinburgh University and interested in survival
> analysis. By chance, I found design library in Splus software. I have
> some questions about it and
> it's highly appreciated if you can  help me.
> In its help (Design library help) I found the topics(not the commands),
> which are available in the main software.
> for instance, survival analysis is available in Splus
> now, if we type Design library and search its help book, we find
> survival analysis with other commands.
> are they different.
> if yes, how can I find a book to introduce with these concepts?
> would you please introduce me some references?
> best wishes
> Mohammad Reza Baneshi

Now I'm wondering why I just sent a reply to the private message you
sent me.  Double posting is not a good idea usually.

FH

Frank E Harrell Jr   Professor and Chair           School of Medicine

Frank Harrell