Desktop.ini hiddeln file creates during compilaiton

Desktop.ini hiddeln file creates during compilaiton

R help mailing list-2
Hello, I am experiencing some difficult time with my R package. Every time I compilei it a hidden file, desktop.ini, is being created. I am using C++ behind, linkking to Rcpp. The file is generated even when I compile it with Linux, and in many different computers. Does anybody have any advice or ideas?

Re: Desktop.ini hiddeln file creates during compilaiton

Jeff Newmiller
Make a reproducible example [1][2][3], because it doesn't happen for me. Then post your example at [4] or [5], because this is the wrong list for this question.

You may find that the act of browsing the directory using a GUI is what creates that file rather than the compilation itself.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

[2] http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html

[3] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reprex/index.html (read the vignette)

[5] https://github.com/RcppCore/Rcpp/issues

On March 2, 2018 10:50:54 AM PST, michael tsagris via R-help <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello, I am experiencing some difficult time with my R package. Every
>time I compilei it a hidden file, desktop.ini, is being created. I am
>using C++ behind, linkking to Rcpp. The file is generated even when I
>compile it with Linux, and in many different computers. Does anybody
>have any advice or ideas?

Σχετ: Desktop.ini hiddeln file creates during compilaiton

R help mailing list-2
Thanks for the reply. I will try everything.

    Στις 1:33 π.μ. Σάββατο, 3 Μαρτίου 2018, ο/η Jeff Newmiller <[hidden email]> έγραψε:

 Make a reproducible example [1][2][3], because it doesn't happen for me. Then post your example at [4] or [5], because this is the wrong list for this question.

You may find that the act of browsing the directory using a GUI is what creates that file rather than the compilation itself.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

[2] http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html

[3] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reprex/index.html (read the vignette)

[5] https://github.com/RcppCore/Rcpp/issues

On March 2, 2018 10:50:54 AM PST, michael tsagris via R-help <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello, I am experiencing some difficult time with my R package. Every
>time I compilei it a hidden file, desktop.ini, is being created. I am
>using C++ behind, linkking to Rcpp. The file is generated even when I
>compile it with Linux, and in many different computers. Does anybody
>have any advice or ideas?
>    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Σχετ: Desktop.ini hiddeln file creates during compilaiton

R help mailing list-2
Hi Jeff,
I cannot reproduce it. It's somehting that happens, the dektop.ini file is being created during compilation. Who can help me with this?
I cannot send the e-mail to the other list you suggested because I am not a subscriber.