Detecting "Break"

Arun.stat
Hi all,

say, I have following vector :

x <- c(rep(5, 5), rep(3,4), rep(5,10))

Now I want to get the index numbers where elements of that vector changes
i.e. in above example I want to get a vector with elements : 6, 10. Because
at that indices, element of original vector changes value.

Is there any R function to do that?

Re: Detecting "Break"

Henrique Dallazuanna
Try this:

which(c(0, diff(x)) != 0)

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Arun Kumar Saha
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> say, I have following vector :
>
> x <- c(rep(5, 5), rep(3,4), rep(5,10))
>
> Now I want to get the index numbers where elements of that vector changes
> i.e. in above example I want to get a vector with elements : 6, 10. Because
> at that indices, element of original vector changes value.
>
> Is there any R function to do that?
>
> Regards,

Henrique Dallazuanna
Curitiba-Paraná-Brasil
25° 25' 40" S 49° 16' 22" O

Re: Detecting "Break"

Don MacQueen
You can also derive what you need using the rle()
function, though the which() solution may be
easier.

-Don