Discrete valued time series data sets.

Rolf Turner

I am looking for (publicly available) examples of discrete valued time
series data sets.  I have googled around a bit and have found lots of
articles and books on discrete valued time series, but have had no
success in locating sites at which data are available.

Can anyone make any useful suggestions?

Thanks.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Technical Editor ANZJS
Department of Statistics

Re: Discrete valued time series data sets.

Eric Berger
Hi Rolf,
I looked at
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-public-data-sets

One of the first sets in the list is the airline time series (I think it is
also used in dplyr examples).

https://www.transtats.bts.gov/OT_Delay/OT_DelayCause1.asp

You might find other possibilities in that list.

HTH,
Eric

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 12:44 AM, Rolf Turner <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I am looking for (publicly available) examples of discrete valued time
> series data sets.  I have googled around a bit and have found lots of
> articles and books on discrete valued time series, but have had no success
> in locating sites at which data are available.
>
> Can anyone make any useful suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> cheers,
>
> Rolf Turner
>
> --
> Technical Editor ANZJS
> Department of Statistics
> University of Auckland
> Phone: +64-9-373-7599 ext. 88276

> ng-guide.html

Re: Discrete valued time series data sets.

Achim Zeileis-4
The "tscount" package (see http://doi.org/10.18637/jss.v082.i05) comes
with several count data time series. Maybe this is the kind of discrete
data you were interested in?

hth,

On 03/01/18 06:04, Eric Berger wrote:

> Hi Rolf,
> I looked at
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-public-data-sets
>
> One of the first sets in the list is the airline time series (I think it
> is also used in dplyr examples).
>
> https://www.transtats.bts.gov/OT_Delay/OT_DelayCause1.asp
>
> You might find other possibilities in that list.

Thanks Eric.  That site looks very useful.

cheers,

Rolf

On 03/01/18 10:55, Achim Zeileis wrote:
> The "tscount" package (see http://doi.org/10.18637/jss.v082.i05) comes
> with several count data time series. Maybe this is the kind of discrete
> data you were interested in?

Yes, that's very useful.  Thanks.

cheers,

Rolf