Distribution Fitting Questions

GaryB
Hello, I am brand new here.  I am trying to fit a probability distribution to three different variables whose data is stored in three columns in a single .csv file.

1) I found the fitdist( ) function from the fitdistplus package.  However, it requires specifying a particular probability distribution (normal, Weibull, etc.) in advance.  Do any R functions exist which perform goodness of fit tests for a large group of distributions and report the best fittting function, so I don't need to tell it in advance which distribution to fit?

2) What is the proper syntax for the fitdist( ) function to call just the cells needed for that particular variable (that particular column of data) in the .csv file (such as cell range A2:A51)?

Thank you very much in advance,
Sincerely,
Gary