Error downloading package Ecdat

Rmetrics mailing list
Dear all
I am using R 3.4.2 to download the package Ecdat that accompanies David Ruppert's book Statistics and Data Analysis for Financial Engineering. The package fails to download. Can someone help?
Regards,Pankaj K Agarwal
+91-98397-11444http://in.linkedin.com/in/pankajkagarwal/

Re: Error downloading package Ecdat

Joshua Ulrich
On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 10:39 PM, Pankaj K Agarwal via R-SIG-Finance
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear all
> I am using R 3.4.2 to download the package Ecdat that accompanies David Ruppert's book Statistics and Data Analysis for Financial Engineering. The package fails to download. Can someone help?

That depends on why it failed to download, which you don't specify.
It downloads and installs for me.

Check your internet connection.  Check the CRAN mirror you're using.
Provide the command you're using and its output.

> Regards,Pankaj K Agarwal
> +91-98397-11444http://in.linkedin.com/in/pankajkagarwal/

Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com
R/Finance 2018 | www.rinfinance.com

Re: Error downloading package Ecdat

Adam Ginensky
Furthering on what Joshua says, whenever I have had a package fail to
install, I've googled the error message as well as the package name.  That
has, so far, resulted in a 100% solution rate.  Hth.

Adam

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 6:05 AM, Joshua Ulrich <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 10:39 PM, Pankaj K Agarwal via R-SIG-Finance
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Dear all
> > I am using R 3.4.2 to download the package Ecdat that accompanies David
> Ruppert's book Statistics and Data Analysis for Financial Engineering. The
> package fails to download. Can someone help?
>
> That depends on why it failed to download, which you don't specify.
> It downloads and installs for me.
>
> Check your internet connection.  Check the CRAN mirror you're using.
> Provide the command you're using and its output.
>
> > Regards,Pankaj K Agarwal
> > +91-98397-11444http://in.linkedin.com/in/pankajkagarwal/

> > -- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions
> should go.
>

> --
> Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
> FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com
> R/Finance 2018 | www.rinfinance.com

> should go.

Re: Error downloading package Ecdat

Rmetrics mailing list
Thanks Joshua sir and Adam. I changed the CRAN mirror and it worked.