Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion / options(expressions=)?

Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion / options(expressions=)?

rivercode
Hi,

I am processing tick data and my code has stopped working as I have increased the size of data being processed.  Now I am receiving error for basic tasks in RConsole:

> a = c(1:1000)
Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion / options(expressions=)?

My R code worked fine with 50 stocks and 500,000 rows per stock, but when I increased this to 50 stocks and 5,000,000 rows per stock the code stopped halfway through with the above error message (Error: Evaluation nested too deeply.....).

Now I am getting this error with simple commands in the Console, as per above example.

Please advice where I should look to resolve this ?

I am using R 2.12.1 64Bit on Windows 7 with memory max at 8Gb.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion / options(expressions=)?

rivercode
For further info, I cannot check my memory usage or even use ls() :

> memory.limit
Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion / options(expressions=)?
> ?memory.limit
Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion / options(expressions=)?
> ls()
Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion / options(expressions=)?

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion / options(expressions=)?

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 11-03-09 1:05 PM, rivercode wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am processing tick data and my code has stopped working as I have
> increased the size of data being processed.  Now I am receiving error for
> basic tasks in RConsole:
>
>> a = c(1:1000)
> Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion /
> options(expressions=)?

I imagine you've created your own function called c, and it tries to
call the regular one, but ends up calling itself.

Duncan Murdoch

> My R code worked fine with 50 stocks and 500,000 rows per stock, but when I
> increased this to 50 stocks and 5,000,000 rows per stock the code stopped
> halfway through with the above error message (Error: Evaluation nested too
> deeply.....).
>
> Now I am getting this error with simple commands in the Console, as per
> above example.
>
> Please advice where I should look to resolve this ?
>
> I am using R 2.12.1 64Bit on Windows 7 with memory max at 8Gb.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Re: Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion / options(expressions=)?

Qin Mao
I think you have change "options(expression = default_value)"
you can input the command "options()"in Rconsole"
And check the value of the expression.
and change the value to 100.
Hope you over this problem.
Bests wishes with you!