Error in loadNamespace

James Henson
Hello R Community,

I inadvertently updated packages via R Studio when a package was open.  Now
when R Studio is opened the message below appears in the console panel.

Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called ‘yaml’

Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called ‘yaml’

When running R code, so far the only function that has not worked is
datatable () in the ‘DT’ package.  Removing the ‘DT’ package and
reinstalling it had no effect.  A possible fix is to update R from an older
version, which was not running when I made the mistake.  Is this a good
idea?

Thanks for your help.

James F. Henson

Re: Error in loadNamespace

David Winsemius

> On Dec 7, 2017, at 10:47 AM, James Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello R Community,
>
> I inadvertently updated packages via R Studio when a package was open.  Now
> when R Studio is opened the message below appears in the console panel.
>
> Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called ‘yaml’
>
> Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called ‘yaml’
>
> When running R code, so far the only function that has not worked is
> datatable () in the ‘DT’ package.  Removing the ‘DT’ package and
> reinstalling it had no effect.  A possible fix is to update R from an older
> version, which was not running when I made the mistake.  Is this a good
> idea?

There is a package on CRAN named "yaml". Have your tried installing it?

> Thanks for your help.
>
> James F. Henson
>
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Rhelp is a plain text mailing list.