Error in principal()

Kathlyn
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I'm trying to do PCA using 'psych' package in R.

But I had a trouble while committing function 'principal'
Dataset has 286 rows 23 columns with header.
This is my command: f<-principal(D1, nfactors=5, rotate="verimax")
And I got this message right after run the command above.
"Specified rotation not found, rotate='none' used
Error in solve.default(r, result$Structure) :
  system is computationally singular: reciprocal condition number = 1.38429e-18
Additional Information: warning messages:
In cor.smooth(r) : Matrix was not positive definite, smoothing was done"

I keep trying to figure out by myself but it seems to take time forever..

What should I do to fix it?