Error loading largeVis

Algeri, Sara
Dear all,

I have been trying to load the package 'largeVis' but despite I do not receive any error message when installing it, I keep getting  the following error when loading it in my working directory:

> require("largeVis")
Error : object �opticsXi� is not exported by 'namespace:dbscan'

As suggested in other posts with a similar error message (but for different packages), I have already tried to uninstall R, restart my machine and install the newest version of R available, however this does not seem to help solving the issue.
Also, after loading 'dbscan', when typing 'dbscan:::opticsXi', I get:

> dbscan:::opticsXi
Error in get(name, envir = asNamespace(pkg), inherits = FALSE) :
  object 'opticsXi' not found

Does anybody have any suggestion on how to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance,
Sara

Re: Error loading largeVis

Berend Hasselman

> On 13 Feb 2017, at 16:54, Algeri, Sara <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I have been trying to load the package 'largeVis' but despite I do not receive any error message when installing it, I keep getting  the following error when loading it in my working directory:
>
>> require("largeVis")
> Error : object �opticsXi� is not exported by 'namespace:dbscan'
>
> As suggested in other posts with a similar error message (but for different packages), I have already tried to uninstall R, restart my machine and install the newest version of R available, however this does not seem to help solving the issue.
> Also, after loading 'dbscan', when typing 'dbscan:::opticsXi', I get:
>
>> dbscan:::opticsXi
> Error in get(name, envir = asNamespace(pkg), inherits = FALSE) :
>  object 'opticsXi' not found
>
> Does anybody have any suggestion on how to solve this issue?

No.

Go to the CRAN page for largeVis.
Click on the CRAN check link to largeVis results (https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_largeVis.html)

and you will see that on most systems the same error is generated.

So it may be best to send an email to the maintainer.

Berend hasselman