Error "Warning in read_symbols_from_dll(so, rarch): this requires 'objdump.exe' to be on the PATH

Error "Warning in read_symbols_from_dll(so, rarch): this requires 'objdump.exe' to be on the PATH

cgenolin
Hi all,

I try to compile my package kml and I get the message

Warning in read_symbols_from_dll(so,rarch):
this requires 'objdump.exe' to be on the PATH

I check 'Writing R Extensions' but I did not find any reference to this error. Does someone know how
to fix that?

Thank you very much for your help.
Christophe

Re: Error "Warning in read_symbols_from_dll(so, rarch): this requires 'objdump.exe' to be on the PATH

Uwe Ligges-3

On 19.03.2017 23:50, Christophe Genolini wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I try to compile my package kml and I get the message
>
> Warning in read_symbols_from_dll(so,rarch):
> this requires 'objdump.exe' to be on the PATH
>
> I check 'Writing R Extensions' but I did not find any reference to this
> error. Does someone know how to fix that?

Yes: Put objdump.exe on the PATH, that executable is part of gcc and in
its bin directoy.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

> Thank you very much for your help.
> Christophe

Re: Error "Warning in read_symbols_from_dll(so, rarch): this requires 'objdump.exe' to be on the PATH

Prof Brian Ripley
On 21/03/2017 17:12, Uwe Ligges wrote:

> On 19.03.2017 23:50, Christophe Genolini wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I try to compile my package kml and I get the message

[That will not be 'compiling': it may be from R CMD check, e.g. from
wuth --as-cran in R-devel.]

>> Warning in read_symbols_from_dll(so,rarch):
>> this requires 'objdump.exe' to be on the PATH
>>
>> I check 'Writing R Extensions' but I did not find any reference to this
>> error. Does someone know how to fix that?
>
> Yes: Put objdump.exe on the PATH, that executable is part of gcc and in
> its bin directoy.

Not quite: it is part of GNU Bintools, hence bundled with gcc in Rtools.
  So is 'nm', which may appear in a similar message (and on Windows
means 'nm.exe').