Examples of web-based Sweave use?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Examples of web-based Sweave use?

carslaw
I appreciate that this is OT, but I'd be grateful for pointers to examples of where
Sweave has been used for web-based applications.  In particular, examples of
where reports/analyses are produced automatically through submission of data
to a web-sever.  I am mostly interested in situations where pdf reports have
been produced rather than, say, a plot/table etc shown on a web page.

I've had limited success finding examples on this.

Many thanks.

David Carslaw


Environmental Research Group
MRC-HPA Centre for Environment and Health
King's College London
Franklin Wilkins Building
Stamford Street
London SE1 9NH

david.carslaw@kcl.ac.uk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Examples of web-based Sweave use?

Tal Galili
I've written about a bunch of Web R interfaces here:
*
http://www.r-statistics.com/2010/04/jeroen-oomss-ggplot2-web-interface-a-new-version-released-v0-2/
*
http://www.r-statistics.com/2010/04/r-node-a-web-front-end-to-r-with-protovis/
(And some other posts here:
http://www.r-statistics.com/category/r-and-the-web/
)
<http://www.r-statistics.com/category/r-and-the-web/>I'm not sure which of
them use Sweave behind them, but you could look around and check.

Hope that helps,
Tal


----------------Contact
Details:-------------------------------------------------------
Contact me: [hidden email] |  972-52-7275845
Read me: www.talgalili.com (Hebrew) | www.biostatistics.co.il (Hebrew) |
www.r-statistics.com (English)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 2:31 PM, carslaw <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I appreciate that this is OT, but I'd be grateful for pointers to examples
> of
> where
> Sweave has been used for web-based applications.  In particular, examples
> of
> where reports/analyses are produced automatically through submission of
> data
> to a web-sever.  I am mostly interested in situations where pdf reports
> have
> been produced rather than, say, a plot/table etc shown on a web page.
>
> I've had limited success finding examples on this.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> David Carslaw
>
>
> Environmental Research Group
> MRC-HPA Centre for Environment and Health
> King's College London
> Franklin Wilkins Building
> Stamford Street
> London SE1 9NH
>
> [hidden email]
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Examples-of-web-based-Sweave-use-tp3425324p3425324.html
> Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide
> http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Examples of web-based Sweave use?

Matt Shotwell-3
In reply to this post by carslaw
That's an interesting idea. I had written a long email describing a
proof-of-concept, but decided to post is to the website below instead.

http://biostatmatt.com/archives/1184

Matt

On 04/04/2011 07:31 AM, carslaw wrote:

> I appreciate that this is OT, but I'd be grateful for pointers to examples of
> where
> Sweave has been used for web-based applications.  In particular, examples of
> where reports/analyses are produced automatically through submission of data
> to a web-sever.  I am mostly interested in situations where pdf reports have
> been produced rather than, say, a plot/table etc shown on a web page.
>
> I've had limited success finding examples on this.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> David Carslaw
>
>
> Environmental Research Group
> MRC-HPA Centre for Environment and Health
> King's College London
> Franklin Wilkins Building
> Stamford Street
> London SE1 9NH
>
> [hidden email]
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Examples-of-web-based-Sweave-use-tp3425324p3425324.html
> Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>


--
Matthew S Shotwell   Assistant Professor           School of Medicine
                      Department of Biostatistics   Vanderbilt University

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Examples of web-based Sweave use?

Tal Galili
In reply to this post by Tal Galili
In case you haven't seen it, it seems that you've got a post answering your
question:
http://biostatmatt.com/archives/1184

 <http://biostatmatt.com/archives/1184>

----------------Contact
Details:-------------------------------------------------------
Contact me: [hidden email] |  972-52-7275845
Read me: www.talgalili.com (Hebrew) | www.biostatistics.co.il (Hebrew) |
www.r-statistics.com (English)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Tal Galili <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've written about a bunch of Web R interfaces here:
> *
> http://www.r-statistics.com/2010/04/jeroen-oomss-ggplot2-web-interface-a-new-version-released-v0-2/
> *
>
> http://www.r-statistics.com/2010/04/r-node-a-web-front-end-to-r-with-protovis/
> (And some other posts here:
> http://www.r-statistics.com/category/r-and-the-web/
> )
> <http://www.r-statistics.com/category/r-and-the-web/>I'm not sure which of
> them use Sweave behind them, but you could look around and check.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Tal
>
>
> ----------------Contact
> Details:-------------------------------------------------------
> Contact me: [hidden email] |  972-52-7275845
> Read me: www.talgalili.com (Hebrew) | www.biostatistics.co.il (Hebrew) |
> www.r-statistics.com (English)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 2:31 PM, carslaw <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I appreciate that this is OT, but I'd be grateful for pointers to examples
>> of
>> where
>> Sweave has been used for web-based applications.  In particular, examples
>> of
>> where reports/analyses are produced automatically through submission of
>> data
>> to a web-sever.  I am mostly interested in situations where pdf reports
>> have
>> been produced rather than, say, a plot/table etc shown on a web page.
>>
>> I've had limited success finding examples on this.
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> David Carslaw
>>
>>
>> Environmental Research Group
>> MRC-HPA Centre for Environment and Health
>> King's College London
>> Franklin Wilkins Building
>> Stamford Street
>> London SE1 9NH
>>
>> [hidden email]
>>
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Examples-of-web-based-Sweave-use-tp3425324p3425324.html
>> Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>> ______________________________________________
>> [hidden email] mailing list
>> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
>> PLEASE do read the posting guide
>> http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
>> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>>
>
>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.