Filters in waveslim

Amir Safari

  Dear R Users,
 For running  wavelet functions using dwt( ), modwt( ), and mra( ), a wavelet filter  algorithm is applied. For all these functions, default is "la8" and  other possibility is "haar". In related documents, another  possibilities like as symlet and coiflet ... are not cited.
  Besides "la8" and "haar", which wavelet filters can be used?
  Thank you for any help,
  Amir Safari

Re: Filters in waveslim

Elizabeth Lawson-2
Using R, I believe only the Haar and Daubechies wavelets are available.  wavethresh does allow for you to use different filter numbers with the Daubechies wavelets that I think you cannot do using waveslim.  You can do cross-validation to find the best fit across different filter niumbers and thersholdings.

  Hope this helps!

  Elizabeth Lawson

Amir Safari <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear R Users,
For running wavelet functions using dwt( ), modwt( ), and mra( ), a wavelet filter algorithm is applied. For all these functions, default is "la8" and other possibility is "haar". In related documents, another possibilities like as symlet and coiflet ... are not cited.
Besides "la8" and "haar", which wavelet filters can be used?
Thank you for any help,
Amir Safari

Re: Filters in waveslim

Rogerio Porto
Amir,

if you try the following code:

require(wavelslim)
data(doppler)
dwt(doppler, wf="la6")

you get:

Error in switch(name, haar = select.haar(), d4 = select.d4(), mb4 =
select.mb4(),  :   Invalid selection for wave.filter

So, it seems that instead of "la8" (default) and "haar" you can choose also
"d4" and "mb4" only.

HTH,

Rogerio.