Quantcast

For help on Open .tar.gz file in R under Windows

For help on Open .tar.gz file in R under Windows

wenyue sun
Hey All,

I am new in R.  Need help on code that can open the .tar.gz file in R under
Windows.  Can any one help.

Thanks in Advance.

Wayne

Re: For help on Open .tar.gz file in R under Windows

bbolker
wenyue sun <wenyuesun <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am new in R.  Need help on code that can open the .tar.gz file in R under
> Windows.  Can any one help.

  Maybe

 untar(tarfile,compressed="gzip")

?

  According to ?untar it seems that just
untar(tarfile) might work ...

Re: For help on Open .tar.gz file in R under Windows

Jeffrey Spies-2
read.table('path.to.file.tar.gz')

or any of its derivatives (read.csv, read.csv2, etc.). Of course
you'll need to set the arguments appropriately. For example:

read.table('path.to.comma.delimited.tar.gz', sep=",", header=T)

Cheers,

Jeff.