Forecast Package in R version 3.1.0

PaulJr
Dear R community, hello,

Hope everybody is doing great. I just downloaded R version 3.1.0, and,
whenever I try to load the forecast package, the following error message
appears:

Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]])
:
  there is no package called ‘Rcpp’
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘forecast’

Does anybody knows or have an idea of what could be happeing with this new
version of R?

Best regards,

Paul

Re: Forecast Package in R version 3.1.0

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 28/04/2014 11:22 AM, Paul Bernal wrote:

> Dear R community, hello,
>
> Hope everybody is doing great. I just downloaded R version 3.1.0, and,
> whenever I try to load the forecast package, the following error message
> appears:
>
> Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]])
> :
>    there is no package called ‘Rcpp’
> Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘forecast’
>
> Does anybody knows or have an idea of what could be happeing with this new
> version of R?

Just what it says: the forecast package depends on the Rcpp package, but
you don't have Rcpp installed. Install it and this error should go away.

Re: Forecast Package in R version 3.1.0

PaulJr
Dear Duncan,

This is what is happening when I try downloading the Rcpp package in R
version 3.1.0

Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]])
:
  there is no package called ‘Rcpp’
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘forecast’

> On 28/04/2014 11:22 AM, Paul Bernal wrote:
>
>> Dear R community, hello,
>>
>> Hope everybody is doing great. I just downloaded R version 3.1.0, and,
>> whenever I try to load the forecast package, the following error message
>> appears:
>>
>> Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]])
>> :
>>    there is no package called ‘Rcpp’
>> Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘forecast’
>>
>> Does anybody knows or have an idea of what could be happeing with this new
>> version of R?
>>

> Just what it says: the forecast package depends on the Rcpp package, but
> you don't have Rcpp installed. Install it and this error should go away.
>
> Duncan Murdoch

Re: Forecast Package in R version 3.1.0

Dirk Eddelbuettel
Paul Bernal <paulbernal07 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> This is what is happening when I try downloading the Rcpp package in R
> version 3.1.0
>
> Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]])
> :
>   there is no package called ‘Rcpp’
> Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘forecast’

That is conflicting with the fact that the package page for Rcpp shows
you binaries for

  three R versions (devel, release, old-release) on Windows
  three R versions (devel, release, old-release) on OS X 'snow leopard'
  one R version (release) on OS X 'mavericks'

whereas you have not even told us what OS you use.

Dirk

Re: Forecast Package in R version 3.1.0

Rich Shepard
On Mon, 28 Apr 2014, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> That is conflicting with the fact that the package page for Rcpp shows
> you binaries for
>
>  three R versions (devel, release, old-release) on Windows
>  three R versions (devel, release, old-release) on OS X 'snow leopard'
>  one R version (release) on OS X 'mavericks'
>
> whereas you have not even told us what OS you use.

   FWIW, I run Slackware-14.1 and just installed Rcpp (as root) with
install.packages("Rcpp")

   No issues at all.

Rich

Re: Forecast Package in R version 3.1.0

Rui Barradas
Hello,

Or maybe better,

install.packages("forecast", dependencies = TRUE)

since package forecast depends on several other packages

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

On 28/04/2014 11:31 AM, Paul Bernal wrote:
> Dear Duncan,
>
> This is what is happening when I try downloading the Rcpp package in R
> version 3.1.0
>
> Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck =
>   there is no package called ‘Rcpp’
> Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘forecast’

Others have told you how to solve this problem, so I will assume that's
done, and just offer some advice for future problems:  Don't be vague
about what you did to trigger the error message, cut and paste the exact
code or describe the exact circumstances that led to it.  I can say with
some certainty that you wouldn't get the message above from "downloading
the Rcpp package", but if you had posted the code that you used, I could
probably have told you what you were doing wrong.