Forward and backward algorithm in R?

quantum
How can I wrtie and calculate alpha and beta in the forward backward algorithm in R ?

Re: Forward and backward algorithm in R?

Michael Weylandt
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 2:50 PM, quantum <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How can I wrtie and calculate alpha and beta in the forward backward
> algorithm in R ?

You might need to be more specific.... Here's a smattering of links
you should probably look into as well:

http://r-manuals.flakery.org/R-intro.html

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
http://mattgemmell.com/2008/12/08/what-have-you-tried/

Finally, I note you're posting from Nabble. Please include context in
your reply -- I don't believe Nabble does this automatically, so
you'll need to manually include it. Most of the regular respondents on
this list don't use Nabble -- it is a _mailing list_ after all -- so
we don't get the forum view you do, only emails of the individual
posts. Combine that with the high volume of posts, and it's quite
difficult to trace a discussion if we all don't make sure to include
context.

Michael

Re: Forward and backward algorithm in R?

Ingmar Visser
R-site search with 'forward backward' returns references to packages for
fitting hidden Markov models.
hth, Ingmar

https://www.google.com/search?q=forward+backward&domains=r-project.org&sitesearch=r-project.org&btnG=Google+Search