Forward reference in Sweave

Dieter Menne
Dear Rweavers,

When generating reports with Sweave, I would like to quote some results in
the abstract (Something like "The treatment effect is 10 mbar, see page
100).

Currently, I used verbatimwrite and friends to write to multiple files to be
included,  but I wonder is there is a more elegant method for such
accumulated forward references in one file similar to toc creation.

Sorry if this is a latex-question, but it looks like most latexer are happy
with toc and index forward references. Maybe I used the wrong keywords for a
search.

Dieter

Re: Forward reference in Sweave

Dieter Menne
Dieter Menne <dieter.menne <at> menne-biomed.de> writes:

> Dear Rweavers,
>
> When generating reports with Sweave, I would like to quote some results in
> the abstract (Something like "The treatment effect is 10 mbar, see page
> 100).
>
> Currently, I used verbatimwrite and friends to write to multiple files to be
> included,  but I wonder is there is a more elegant method for such
> accumulated forward references in one file similar to toc creation.

It is not straightforward, but Markus Kohm (from KOMA package) provided a
solution on 31.12.2005:

http://groups.google.com/group/de.comp.text.tex/browse_frm/thread/1be8d4f989690d
1c/b430a3e347f05414#b430a3e347f05414

Dieter