Fwd: R SOFTWARE

Nokuzola Simakuhle
NB: This email and its contents are subject to the Eskom Holdings Limited EMAIL LEGAL NOTICE

which can be viewed at http://www.eskom.co.za/email_legalnotice

Good Morning

Im busy doing an exercise on Foundation of Statistical Description and Analysis,Please check the attached exercise on page 3.In this exercise the first step is to check the content of Limestone.data so I entered the following command on R console

>limedata=read.table("c:/temp/M5/limestone.dat", header = TRUE) and I got an error message that says "Error in file(file,"rt"): cannot open the connection

In addition: Warning message

In file(file, "rt") : cannot open file 'c:/temp/M5/limestone.dat': Permission denied

Could you please help me to get this data

The following path is the physical path/where I've saved my limestone data.

C:\Temp\M5\limestone.dat

I've attached the exercise,snapshot of R Console,limedata.zip

Kindest Regards

Nokuzola Simakuhle

NB: This email and its contents are subject to the Eskom Holdings Limited EMAIL LEGAL NOTICE which can be viewed at http://www.eskom.co.za/email_legalnotice

cnt_SPATSTA_RM_revie_notesLesson2.pdf (2M) Download Attachment
limestone.dat1.txt (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: R SOFTWARE

Erik Iverson-3

> Im busy doing an exercise on Foundation of Statistical Description and Analysis,Please check the attached exercise on page 3.In this exercise the first step is to check the content of Limestone.data so I entered the following command on R console
>
>> limedata=read.table("c:/temp/M5/limestone.dat", header = TRUE) and I got an error message that says "Error in file(file,"rt"): cannot open the connection
>
> In addition: Warning message
>
> In file(file, "rt") : cannot open file 'c:/temp/M5/limestone.dat': Permission denied
>

> Could you please help me to get this data

It's telling you "Permission denied", so presumably the permissions
on that file need to be modified on the unstated MS OS you're using.

Re: Fwd: R SOFTWARE

david.jessop
HI

The problem is the file is called "limestone.dat.txt".  In Explorer in
Windows you should go to Tools, Folder Options and under View you should
find an option "Hide Extensions for known file types" - turn this off
and then press Apply to all folders.  Then you'll see the real file
name.

It's also good to do this as it's a simple way to avoid running programs
you don't want to run.

HTH

David Jessop

NB: This email and its contents are subject to the Eskom Holdings
Limited EMAIL LEGAL NOTICE

which can be viewed at http://www.eskom.co.za/email_legalnotice

Good Morning

Im busy doing an exercise on Foundation of Statistical Description and
Analysis,Please check the attached exercise on page 3.In this exercise
the first step is to check the content of Limestone.data so I entered
the following command on R console

>limedata=read.table("c:/temp/M5/limestone.dat", header = TRUE) and I
>got an error message that says "Error in file(file,"rt"): cannot open
>the connection

In addition: Warning message

In file(file, "rt") : cannot open file 'c:/temp/M5/limestone.dat':
Permission denied

Could you please help me to get this data

The following path is the physical path/where I've saved my limestone
data.

C:\Temp\M5\limestone.dat

I've attached the exercise,snapshot of R Console,limedata.zip

Kindest Regards

Nokuzola Simakuhle

NB: This email and its contents are subject to the Eskom Holdings
Limited EMAIL LEGAL NOTICE which can be viewed at
http://www.eskom.co.za/email_legalnotice

Issued by UBS AG or affiliates to professional investors...{{dropped:30}}

Re: Fwd: R SOFTWARE

Wu Gong
Hi Nokuzola,

I guess the capital "T".

'c:/temp/M5/limestone.dat'
C:\Temp\M5\limestone.dat

Regards,

Wu

OT: Re: Fwd: R SOFTWARE

cybaea
On 18/08/10 10:46, Nokuzola Simakuhle wrote:
> NB: This email and its contents are subject to the Eskom Holdings Limited EMAIL LEGAL NOTICE
>
> which can be viewed at http://www.eskom.co.za/email_legalnotice

Since your email policy allows for no copying or distribution of your
message, you should probably set the X-No-Archive message header.
Google it, if you don't know how.

I don't actually know if the mailing list honours that header, but at
least you've tried.  Can't really expect the computer to read and
understand your PDF with three pages of legalese.

Allan
(who collects these kinds of notices)