GAM Poisson

Miluji Sb
Dear all,

I apologize as this may not be a strictly R question. I am running GAM
models using the mgcv package.

I was wondering if the interpretation of the smooth splines of the 'x'
variable is the same in the following two cases:

# Linear probability model
m1 <- gam(count ~ factor(city) + factor(year) + s(x),
data=data,na.action=na.omit)

# Poisson
m2 <- gam(count ~ factor(city) + factor(year) + s(x),data=data,
family=poisson,na.action=na.omit)

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Milu

Re: GAM Poisson

Simon Wood
Not exactly, as by default you are using a log link in the Poisson
model, but not the Gaussian model. Simon

On 14/12/17 22:57, Miluji Sb wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I apologize as this may not be a strictly R question. I am running GAM
> models using the mgcv package.
>
> I was wondering if the interpretation of the smooth splines of the 'x'
> variable is the same in the following two cases:
>
> # Linear probability model
> m1 <- gam(count ~ factor(city) + factor(year) + s(x),
> data=data,na.action=na.omit)
>
> # Poisson
> m2 <- gam(count ~ factor(city) + factor(year) + s(x),data=data,
> family=poisson,na.action=na.omit)
>
> Thank you!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Milu

Simon Wood, School of Mathematics, University of Bristol BS8 1TW UK
+44 (0)117 33 18273     http://www.maths.bris.ac.uk/~sw15190