GUI Crashes (PR#8649)

Julio Rojas
Full_Name: Julio Rojas
Version: 2.2.1
OS: XP Pro
Submission from: (NULL) (213.60.4.253)

I was debugging a program with browser "()", made a couple of "plot"'s within
the debugging console. Switched back from the plot window to the console window
using the mouse, without closing the plot window, and the GUI crashed and
disapeared. The program is still runing in memory, but with no way to reach it
or get it back alive. I'm running a fairly big dataset and the Task Manager
shows "Rgui.exe" is using 120 Megs of RAM and 99% of the processor.

It has happened twice tonight.

Re: GUI Crashes (PR#8649)

Duncan Murdoch
On 2/28/2006 6:02 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Full_Name: Julio Rojas
> Version: 2.2.1
> OS: XP Pro
> Submission from: (NULL) (213.60.4.253)
>

> I was debugging a program with browser "()", made a couple of "plot"'s within
> the debugging console. Switched back from the plot window to the console window
> using the mouse, without closing the plot window, and the GUI crashed and
> disapeared. The program is still runing in memory, but with no way to reach it
> or get it back alive. I'm running a fairly big dataset and the Task Manager
> shows "Rgui.exe" is using 120 Megs of RAM and 99% of the processor.
>
> It has happened twice tonight.

Please give us a description of a procedure that we can use to reliably
reproduce the crash.  Otherwise we have no place to start.