Generating a PostScript graphics under Windows

Generating a PostScript graphics under Windows

Sigbert Klinke
Hi,

I'am trying to generate a PS Graphic under Windows with a fixed location via

postscript(file="C:\\test.ps")

But I always become the error:

unable to start device PostScript
can not open 'postscript' file argument 'c:\test.ps'

There must be a very simple thing, that I make wrong.

Thanks in advance

   Sigbert Klinke

Re: Generating a PostScript graphics under Windows

Peter Dalgaard
Sigbert Klinke <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'am trying to generate a PS Graphic under Windows with a fixed location via
>
> postscript(file="C:\\test.ps")
>
> But I always become the error:
>
> unable to start device PostScript
> can not open 'postscript' file argument 'c:\test.ps'
>
> There must be a very simple thing, that I make wrong.

Do you have write permissions there?

(Possibly a silly question, but must be asked...)

--
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Ă˜ster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B
 (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark          Ph:  (+45) 35327918

Re: Generating a PostScript graphics under Windows

Sundar Dorai-Raj

Sigbert Klinke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'am trying to generate a PS Graphic under Windows with a fixed location via
>
> postscript(file="C:\\test.ps")
>
> But I always become the error:
>
> unable to start device PostScript
> can not open 'postscript' file argument 'c:\test.ps'
>
> There must be a very simple thing, that I make wrong.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
>    Sigbert Klinke

Did you close the device using dev.off()?

postscript(file="C:\\test.ps")
plot(1:10)
dev.off()

HTH,

--sundar

Re: Generating a PostScript graphics under Windows

Uwe Ligges
Sigbert Klinke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'am trying to generate a PS Graphic under Windows with a fixed location via
>
> postscript(file="C:\\test.ps")
>
> But I always become the error:
>
> unable to start device PostScript
> can not open 'postscript' file argument 'c:\test.ps'
>
> There must be a very simple thing, that I make wrong.

Probably the file already exists and is write protected for some reason
we cannot know.

Uwe Ligges

Peter Dalgaard wrote:
>Do you have write permissions there?
>
>(Possibly a silly question, but must be asked...)

No. Thanks a lot     Sigbert