Geom_smooth

Tom Subia
Default level = 0.95.
Does this mean +/- 0.025 from estimate?

Re: Geom_smooth

John Kane
The question could use a bit more information but have a look at http://docs.ggplot2.org/0.9.3.1/stat_smooth.html#.  This may explain it.

You might also want to have a look at http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html for some guidelines on asking questions in Rhelp or StackOverflow, etc.

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada

Rui Barradas
No, it means precisely the opposite.
Google "confidence interval", please.

Rui Barradas

Citando Tom Subia <[hidden email]>:

> Default level = 0.95.
> Does this mean +/- 0.025 from estimate?

> minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

Re: Geom_smooth

Jeff Newmiller
No, it refers to confidence level. Refer to your training in statistics for that definition.

On July 20, 2016 10:01:44 AM PDT, Tom Subia <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Default level = 0.95.
>Does this mean +/- 0.025 from estimate?

Re: Geom_smooth

David Winsemius

> On Jul 20, 2016, at 10:01 AM, Tom Subia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Default level = 0.95.
> Does this mean +/- 0.025 from estimate?
>
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

I would have guessed that it meant something along the lines of localized (or one might say "loess-ized") mean +/- 2* similarly localized standard error of the estimate. To find out what the base R version of loess does consult `?predict.loess` and to find out what `geom_smooth` does, you can try to find documentation on the `predictdf` fucntion, but the geom_smooth help pages warns you it is undocumented.

--
David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA