Getting Quotes from Yahoo

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Getting Quotes from Yahoo

rsherry8
The following R code was working for me:

     library(quantmod)
     start <- as.Date("2000-01-01")
     end <- as.Date("2018-04-05")
     getSymbols("^GSPC", src = "yahoo", from = start, to = end)

However, when I run it, I now get the error message:
     Error in curl::curl_download(cu, tmp, handle = h) :
     Failed to open file
C:\Users\rsher\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpeC1j1m\file28e81b02c31.

The machine has disk space. What am I doing wrong?

Bob Sherry

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
-- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
-- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions should go.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting Quotes from Yahoo

Ilya Kipnis
Works for me.

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 3:41 PM, rsherry8 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The following R code was working for me:
>
>     library(quantmod)
>     start <- as.Date("2000-01-01")
>     end <- as.Date("2018-04-05")
>     getSymbols("^GSPC", src = "yahoo", from = start, to = end)
>
> However, when I run it, I now get the error message:
>     Error in curl::curl_download(cu, tmp, handle = h) :
>     Failed to open file C:\Users\rsher\AppData\Local\T
> emp\RtmpeC1j1m\file28e81b02c31.
>
> The machine has disk space. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Bob Sherry
>
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
> -- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
> -- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions
> should go.
>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
-- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
-- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions should go.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting Quotes from Yahoo

rsherry8
Thanks for the response. I rebooted my machine and it is working again.
Not sure why that matters, if it matters.

Bob Sherry

On 4/9/2018 3:48 PM, Ilya Kipnis wrote:

> Works for me.
>
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 3:41 PM, rsherry8 <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     The following R code was working for me:
>
>         library(quantmod)
>         start <- as.Date("2000-01-01")
>         end <- as.Date("2018-04-05")
>         getSymbols("^GSPC", src = "yahoo", from = start, to = end)
>
>     However, when I run it, I now get the error message:
>         Error in curl::curl_download(cu, tmp, handle = h) :
>         Failed to open file
>     C:\Users\rsher\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpeC1j1m\file28e81b02c31.
>
>     The machine has disk space. What am I doing wrong?
>
>     Bob Sherry
>
>     _______________________________________________
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     mailing list
>     https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
>     <https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance>
>     -- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
>     -- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R
>     questions should go.
>
>


        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
-- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
-- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions should go.