Quantcast

Getting the date out of R forecast funcion along with the forecasts as a data frame

Threaded

Getting the date out of R forecast funcion along with the forecasts as a data frame

PaulJr
Dear all,

I am currently generating forcasts using several different functions in
Azure Machine Learning Studio using the R script module (nnetar,
auto.arima, HoltWinters, ets, etc.).

However, I want to find a way to get the dates of the forecasts and put
those dates (along with the forecasts) in a data.frame format.

Whenever I transform the forecast function results into a data frame, the
date of the forecasts is lost, or seems like you cannot get the date of the
forecasts and make them part of the data frame containing the forecast
results.

I would like to manipulate the results in such a way that I can get the
following format:

Date              Forecast
Jan-2017       ######
Feb-2017       ######

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Best regards,

Paul

Threaded

Re: Getting the date out of R forecast funcion along with the forecasts as a data frame

Jeff Newmiller
A) This is a support forum for R, a free software. It is your responsibility to confirm that your difficulties occur when that software is used, and confirm that knowledge by referencing the version you used (e.g. using the sessionInfo function) and not referencing proprietary software.

B) Provide a minimal reproducible example (code and data)  that computes  what you do get and show what you thought you would get by contrast. This example should explicitly state which packages you are using, not offer hand waving lists of possible packages.  Google "R reproducible example" to learn more about how to do this.

C) This is a plain text mailing list. This means that when you post your email in HTML format, we do not see what you saw, so you must send in plain text format if you want us to clearly understand you. This is a setting in your email program that can usually be set on a per-email or all sent emails basis.

Please read the Posting Guide, which points out these and many other sage bits of advice.

FWIW, most forecasting uses date/time as an INPUT,  so it is your responsibility to specify which dates/times you are interested in seeing results for.