Graphing output

Steven Yen
Is it possible to release the file destination after sending it to a pdf
file?
Below, line 3 send the graph to a pdf file.
I like to release the devise so that I can see result produced by line
for on the console (screen). Thanks.

x<-1:10
pdf("test1.pdf") # pdf {grDevices}
boxplot(x) # This goes to pdf file