HMM-Classification

R help mailing list-2
Hi,
I would like to use HMM for a time serie (solar radiation) classification.I would like to know what are the steps I should follow?For the states i have to chose between 3 or 5, I do not have other informations.
Regards.

Re: HMM-Classification

Ingmar Visser
There are several packages that allow fitting hidden Markov models
(assuming that that is what you mean by HMM ...), which you can find here:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/
Best, Ingmar

Ingmar Visser
Universitair Hoofddocent ontwikkelingspsychologie | Directeur College
Psychologie
Afdeling Psychologie | Faculteit Maatschappij- en Gedragswetenschappen |
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Bezoek | Nieuwe Achtergracht 129B | Kamer G 1.18
Post | Postbus 15933 | 1001 NK Amsterdam
Pakketpost | Valckenierstraat 59 | 1018 XE Amsterdam
T: +31205256723 | M: +31647260824 | e: [hidden email]

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 3:06 PM Kabouch Nourdine via R-help <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to use HMM for a time serie (solar radiation)
> classification.I would like to know what are the steps I should follow?For
> the states i have to chose between 3 or 5, I do not have other informations.
> Regards.

Re: HMM-Classification

Jeff Newmiller
The SpatioTemporal Task View may help narrow the search a bit, as might using a using a search engine:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/views/SpatioTemporal.html

rseek.org

package "sos"

On November 4, 2018 7:31:20 AM PST, Ingmar Visser <[hidden email]> wrote:

>There are several packages that allow fitting hidden Markov models
>(assuming that that is what you mean by HMM ...), which you can find
>here:
>https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/
>Best, Ingmar
>
>Ingmar Visser
>Universitair Hoofddocent ontwikkelingspsychologie | Directeur College
>Psychologie
>Afdeling Psychologie | Faculteit Maatschappij- en Gedragswetenschappen
>|
>Universiteit van Amsterdam
>Bezoek | Nieuwe Achtergracht 129B | Kamer G 1.18
>Post | Postbus 15933 | 1001 NK Amsterdam
>Pakketpost | Valckenierstraat 59 | 1018 XE Amsterdam
>T: +31205256723 | M: +31647260824 | e: [hidden email]
>

>On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 3:06 PM Kabouch Nourdine via R-help <
>[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I would like to use HMM for a time serie (solar radiation)
>> classification.I would like to know what are the steps I should
>follow?For
>> the states i have to chose between 3 or 5, I do not have other
>informations.
>> Regards.

Re: HMM-Classification

Bert Gunter-2
Indeed! There is even a HMM package!

A web search on "hidden markov models" on rseek.org brought up many
relevant looking hits.

-- Bert

sticking things into it."