HPGL or PCL plotting device? Or otherwise plotting plots

HPGL or PCL plotting device? Or otherwise plotting plots

Thomas Levine-4
Hi,

I want to print plots on a Roland DXY-1100 plotter.
How can I do this from R? I think the easiest thing
would be a graphics device for Printer Command
Language or Hewlett-Packard Graphics Language, but
I haven't managed to find any of those.

Thanks

Tom

Re: HPGL or PCL plotting device? Or otherwise plotting plots

Thomas Levine-4
Oh it was easier than I thought.

  postscript('project-contracts.ps')
  hist(log(projects$n.contracts))
  dev.off()

Then run this from the shell.

  pstoedit -f plot-hpgl project-contracts.ps project-contracts.hpgl

And send it to the plotter.

On 09 Jul 13:10, Thomas Levine wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to print plots on a Roland DXY-1100 plotter.
> How can I do this from R? I think the easiest thing
> would be a graphics device for Printer Command
> Language or Hewlett-Packard Graphics Language, but
> I haven't managed to find any of those.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

Re: HPGL or PCL plotting device? Or otherwise plotting plots

Thomas Levine-4
Actually, this doesn't _quite_ do what I want;
I want different R colors (1, 2, 3, &c.) to select
different pens in HPGL ("SP1", "SP2", "SP3", &c.),
but the HPGL file I get selects only pen 1.

A hacky way to do this would be to generate
a few different postscript files for the different
colors on the plot, create the corresponding HPGL
files, edit the SP command in each of them, and
concatenate them. But maybe there's a better way?