Help coding

tuan173
Dear All,
I am new to R, and trying to learn it.
I need help with some coding. I have tried to make it, but it did not word.
I have a data similar to this

I want to make a table

And then fill the table with the values in the dataframe

My real data is much bigger than the example.
I need advice to code for making a table, and then fill in the table.
Thank you very much,
Tuan

Re: Help coding

Serdar Akin-3
Hi,

I would do something like this:

## Create the table

DT        <- data.table(colour = rep(c("red", "blue", "green"), each= 3),
                         type = paste0('type', 1:3),
                         value = as.integer( rnorm(9, mean= 6, sd = 5)))

# Cast table and make it a contingence table
DT1        <- dcast.data.table(DT, colour ~ type, value.var = 'value',
FUN = function(x) sum(x, na.rm = TRUE))