Help in R

R help mailing list-2

Hey,

I am a beginner in R.

How do I read last 10 values from column- Movie, from a dataset?

Pls help.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Help in R

David Winsemius

> On Nov 5, 2017, at 9:28 AM, Ahsan Zahir via R-help <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hey,
>
> I am a beginner in R.
>
> How do I read last 10 values from column- Movie, from a dataset?

Some questions are so simple that they strongly suggest no prior effort at self-leanrning. In such cases the usual recommendation given at Rhelp is that you read an introductory text. Many of us used the "Introduction to R" that is shipped with every copy of R:

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-intro.pdf

> Pls help.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

Re: Help in R

Ulrik Stervbo-2
R can have a bit of a learning curve... There are several ways to achieve
your goal - depending on what you want:

test_df <- data.frame(Movie = letters, some.value = rnorm(26))

test_df$Movie[1:10]

test_df$Movie[sample(c(1:26), 10)]

test_df[sample(c(1:26), 10), ]

Do read a tutorial or two on R - "Introduction to R" as suggested by David
or something else - so you can explain the code above to yourself.

HTH
Ulrik

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 at 19:38 David Winsemius <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On Nov 5, 2017, at 9:28 AM, Ahsan Zahir via R-help <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >

> > Hey,
> >
> > I am a beginner in R.
> >
> > How do I read last 10 values from column- Movie, from a dataset?
>
> Some questions are so simple that they strongly suggest no prior effort at
> self-leanrning. In such cases the usual recommendation given at Rhelp is
> that you read an introductory text. Many of us used the "Introduction to R"
> that is shipped with every copy of R:
>
> https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-intro.pdf
>

> > Pls help.
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone

> David Winsemius
> Alameda, CA, USA
>
> 'Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.'
>  -Gehm's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law

Re: Help in R

Rui Barradas
Hello,

Also

tail(test_df$Movie, 10)

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

Em 05-11-2017 19:18, Ulrik Stervbo escreveu:

> R can have a bit of a learning curve... There are several ways to achieve
> your goal - depending on what you want:
>
> test_df <- data.frame(Movie = letters, some.value = rnorm(26))
>
> test_df$Movie[1:10]
>
> test_df$Movie[sample(c(1:26), 10)]
>
> test_df[sample(c(1:26), 10), ]
>
> Do read a tutorial or two on R - "Introduction to R" as suggested by David
> or something else - so you can explain the code above to yourself.
>
> HTH
> Ulrik
>
> On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 at 19:38 David Winsemius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>> On Nov 5, 2017, at 9:28 AM, Ahsan Zahir via R-help <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> I am a beginner in R.
>>>
>>> How do I read last 10 values from column- Movie, from a dataset?
>>
>> Some questions are so simple that they strongly suggest no prior effort at
>> self-leanrning. In such cases the usual recommendation given at Rhelp is
>> that you read an introductory text. Many of us used the "Introduction to R"
>> that is shipped with every copy of R:
>>
>> https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-intro.pdf
>>

>>> Pls help.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

>> David Winsemius
>> Alameda, CA, USA
>>
>> 'Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.'
>>   -Gehm's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law

Re: Help in R

Ulrik Stervbo-2
And