Help installing netReg

Spencer Brackett
Good evening,

 I am having problems with downloading the package used to generate
regression models on R. The following is the error message I received. I
tried installing BiocManager instead as suggested, but this too did not
work. Any ideas?

The downloaded binary packages are in
C:\Users\Spencer\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmp8YKVqx\downloaded_packages
installation path not writeable, unable to update packages: class, cluster,
codetools, foreign,
  lattice, MASS, Matrix, mgcv, nlme, rpart, survival
Warning message:
'biocLite' is deprecated.
Use 'BiocManager::install' instead.
See help("Deprecated")

Best,

Spencer Brackett

Re: Help installing netReg

Christopher W. Ryan
Spencer--

What is your compy set-up? Standalone, networked? Where is R installed? Do you have write privileges to that location?

Chris Ryan

On April 14, 2019 6:18:37 PM EDT, Spencer Brackett <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Good evening,
>
> I am having problems with downloading the package used to generate
>regression models on R. The following is the error message I received.
>tried installing BiocManager instead as suggested, but this too did not
>work. Any ideas?
>
>The downloaded binary packages are in
>C:\Users\Spencer\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmp8YKVqx\downloaded_packages
>installation path not writeable, unable to update packages: class,
>cluster,
>codetools, foreign,
>  lattice, MASS, Matrix, mgcv, nlme, rpart, survival
>Warning message:
>'biocLite' is deprecated.
>Use 'BiocManager::install' instead.
>See help("Deprecated")
>
>Best,
>
>Spencer Brackett

Re: Help installing netReg

Spencer Brackett
Mr. Ryan,

If you are referring to the CRAN mirror, my default is US (NY) [https]

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 7:23 PM Chris Ryan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Spencer--
>
> What is your compy set-up? Standalone, networked? Where is R installed? Do
> you have write privileges to that location?
>
> Chris Ryan
>
> On April 14, 2019 6:18:37 PM EDT, Spencer Brackett <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >Good evening,
> >
> > I am having problems with downloading the package used to generate
> >regression models on R. The following is the error message I received.
> >tried installing BiocManager instead as suggested, but this too did not
> >work. Any ideas?
> >
> >The downloaded binary packages are in
> >C:\Users\Spencer\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmp8YKVqx\downloaded_packages
> >installation path not writeable, unable to update packages: class,
> >cluster,
> >codetools, foreign,
> >  lattice, MASS, Matrix, mgcv, nlme, rpart, survival
> >Warning message:
> >'biocLite' is deprecated.
> >Use 'BiocManager::install' instead.
> >See help("Deprecated")
> >
> >Best,
> >
> >Spencer Brackett

Re: Help installing netReg

Christopher W. Ryan

Sorry, was typing on my phone. Not "compy."  "Computer."  I was asking
whether you were working on your own, standalone, computer, or whether
perhaps this was an institutional, networked, machine, on which you
don't have write permissions that you need.

--Chris Ryan