Histogram

aledanda
Hallo,

How can I have the control of the width of each bin in the histogram?
I would like to plot my data modifying the number and the width of the bins.

Is there a good pdf or manual where i can learn to use the plot/hist in R very well?
I find the help not always clear

Thanks a lot

Ale

Re: Histogram

Uwe Ligges-3

aledanda wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> How can I have the control of the width of each bin in the histogram?
> I would like to plot my data modifying the number and the width of the bins.
>
> Is there a good pdf or manual where i can learn to use the plot/hist in R
> very well?

See
  ?hist
and its argument "breaks".

Uwe Ligges

> I find the help not always clear
>
> Thanks a lot
>

> Ale

Re: Histogram

Mark Knecht
On 7/3/09, aledanda <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hallo,
>
>  How can I have the control of the width of each bin in the histogram?
>  I would like to plot my data modifying the number and the width of the bins.
>
>  Is there a good pdf or manual where i can learn to use the plot/hist in R
>  very well?
>  I find the help not always clear
>
>  Thanks a lot
>

>  Ale

Possibly somewhat like this?

http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/RGraphGallery.php?graph=89

- Mark

markknecht@gmail.com

Re: Histogram

Greg Snow-2
I addition to the other responses you have received, you may want to play with the run.hist.demo function in the TeachingDemos package to learn more.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center