How export data set (available in the package) from R?

How export data set (available in the package) from R?

R help mailing list-2
"Data set flchain available in the survival  package".  How can I get it (from R)  as Excel file? Thanks!

Re: How export data set (available in the package) from R?

Jeff Newmiller
Read the help file for the survival package. Probably use the data function to retrieve it,  and write it out using the write.table function.

On July 29, 2017 8:47:51 PM PDT, Ted via R-help <[hidden email]> wrote:

>"Data set flchain available in the survival  package".  How can I
>get it (from R)  as Excel file? Thanks!

Re: How export data set (available in the package) from R?

Hasan Diwan-2
write.csv(flchain, 'flchain.csv') should import into Excel without
problems. -- H

On 29 July 2017 at 23:27, Jeff Newmiller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Read the help file for the survival package. Probably use the data
> function to retrieve it,  and write it out using the write.table function.
>
> On July 29, 2017 8:47:51 PM PDT, Ted via R-help <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >"Data set flchain available in the survival  package".  How can I
> >get it (from R)  as Excel file? Thanks!

> posting-guide.html

If you wish to request my time, please do so using
http://bit.ly/hd1ScheduleRequest.
Si vous voudrais faire connnaisance, allez a
http://bit.ly/hd1ScheduleRequest.

<https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFEBAD7FFD041BBA1>Sent
from my mobile device
Envoye de mon portable

Re: [FORGED] How export data set (available in the package) from R?

Rolf Turner
On 30/07/17 15:47, Ted via R-help wrote:
> "Data set flchain available in the survival  package".  How can I get it (from R)  as Excel file? Thanks!

The best advice is *DON'T*!!!

I.e. Don't use Excel.  Ever.  Unless you really *want* to create chaos
and havoc, and let slip the dogs of war.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Technical Editor ANZJS
Department of Statistics

Re: How export data set (available in the package) from R?

Suzen, Mehmet
I also suggest you Hadley's optimized package for interoperating xls
files with R:

https://github.com/tidyverse/readxl
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/readxl/index.html

Re: How (in general) take out data sets (available in the packages)?

R help mailing list-2

Suzen, thank you very much for your so useful information (I will try to understand it)!
And my sincere gratitude to the moderator!