Quantcast

How to hide axis interval values in a plot

How to hide axis interval values in a plot

Sabyasachi Patra

>plot(cars)

this shows a plot having interval values of axes (x-axis:5-25; y-axis:0-120). I want to hide these values. is there any way?

Re: How to hide axis interval values in a plot

Marc Schwartz
On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 11:07 -0700, spime wrote:

> >plot(cars)
>
> this shows a plot having interval values of axes (x-axis:5-25;
> y-axis:0-120). I want to hide these values. is there any way?

  plot(cars, axes = FALSE)

If you still want the box around the plot region, follow the above with:

  box()

or use:

  plot(cars, xaxt = "n", yaxt = "n")

See ?plot.default and ?par for more information and standard arguments
for plots.

If you want axes, but using values and tick marks that you define as
opposed to the defaults, see ?axis

HTH,

Marc Schwartz

Re: How to hide axis interval values in a plot

Sabyasachi Patra
thanks. got my answer.

spime wrote