How to install the server version of rpad

How to install the server version of rpad

Seyed Reza Jafarzadeh
Hi,

How can I install the server version of rpad on a website. I have read
the instructions in http://www.rpad.org/Rpad/ServerNotes.html, but
could not figure out how. Do I have to have something like Apache on
the website? Is there any instructions in addition to those on
http://www.rpad.org/Rpad/.

Thanks,
- Reza

Re: How to install the server version of rpad

Roger J. Bos
Reza,

Yes, you will need Apache and Perl already installed, then follow the
install notes you linked to above.  I tried for a long time to get it to
work with Microsoft IIS and could not for the life of me, but when I tried
it with Apache 2.0 it worked pretty easily.  I have never set up a web
server before either, so I was pretty confused.  Just install Apache and
Perl and following the instructions, then set permissions on all the Rpad
and perl files so they can be ran by everyone.  If it doesn't work, just
keep playing with the configuation file until it does.

Thanks,

Roger